Saturday, June 30, 2012

Our New Home Design

We moved into our new place in May and it is all decorated and designed! I am a huge fan of the coastal design and you can definitely tell when you take a look around our home. I am happy to say I designed it all on my own and we are glad to be done! Check out our home!

 This is our kitchen! It's a small space, but it offers plenty of storage. I went with a green/beige mosaic backsplash which I absolutely love. It isn't too overbearing and definitely livens up the space. All cabinets and backsplash are from Home Depot. We brought the dimensions of the space to the designer there and they gave us a few different options for layouts to choose from. We got the granite countertops from a local stoneyard.
 We don't have room for a kitchen table in our small kitchen, so we utilized the half-wall between the kitchen and living room as a bar counter for us to eat at, we added a granite top to match the kitchen counters. We added bead board to the back of the wall since we would be sitting there often with our feet hitting the wall, seems to be holding up well. This gives the living space a nice open concept feel, and great sight lines across the entire living space. I designed the eating space with linens I found at Target, they are bright and fun for the summer!
A front camera shot of the fun, summer, placemats and napkins from Target. The color of the walls is Sherwin Williams 'Navajo White' I was looking for something with a yellowish tint so it wouldn't be totally white everywhere. I loved the color once it was on the wall!
A fun collage wall I made with photos of Tyler and our friends and family between the kitchen and living room. I got a bunch of plain black frames from Christmas Tree Shops in assorted sizes.
 Our small living room, these old leather couches from my dad perfectly fit in the awkward space. We even squeezed a side table in the corner! Behind the side table is the chimney in the wall, we utilized the space as a bookshelf by adding wood shelves after the chimney to line up with the half wall, a nice little accent, no wasted space here! The pillows I have collected over the months, I was going for a nautical feel in here with the red and navy. The rug was from Walmart, great price! and fit the color I was looking for perfectly to match the rest of the decor. Most of the coastal decor was found at Homegoods or Christmas Tree Shops!

 This little sunroom/nook was actually its own room before we renovated! However we knocked down the wall to give a little extra space to the already small living space. This space serves as an office/playroom for all of Tyler's toys!

 Our small hallway. I tried to dress it up a little with a small rug and a beachy picture from Homegoods.
Our bathroom! I definitely wanted white and bright! The cabinets are custom from Home Depot, with the added storage cabinets on top of the countertop which serve for great extra storage! (There's 2, but you can only see one with the camera angle) I found a great blue ombre shower curtain that I love and mats to match! Love the color scheme in here, walls are Sherwin Williams 'Tidewater'.
 Our bedroom. I went with a light green wall color which is perfect in here, relaxing and calm. The furniture set is hand-me-downs from my parents, and I found the quilt set at Homegoods, which I am totally in love with. The colors are calm and perfect.
 Its a small bedroom, but we used every bit of space with our large furniture! Matt was adamant about mounting his guitars on the wall, so I let him hang them in the bedroom (he wanted the living room!)
 The nursery! Of course its nautical themed with the Nautica bedspread. A friend painted the oar with Tyler's name on it.
 Sleeping baby while mommy takes photos of his room!
 Found a small space for shelving to hold some photos and sailboats.
 Tyler's dresser with some more decor.
The outside of our new home! The outside was originally mustard yellow, we surprisingly kept with the yellow but used a more neutral tone.

Thanks for checking out our new home! We can't wait to make memories here for the next few years!!



No comments:

Post a Comment