Saturday, October 17, 2015

Front Entry Update

The front entry was interesting... The stained glass window is pretty cool and unique right.... except it had a huge crack in it... and the "stained glass" part is actually a sticker! YES a sticker... I'm not going to lie it took me about a month to realize it wasnt real stained glass.. and right after I found out, I saw the decals for sale at Home Depot.. so weird! Anyway, it was cracked, so it had to go!

 We called in a contractor for this job, Matt's cousin re-did the doorway for us, we did away with the large glass window, it freaked me out, just having a large clear glass window next to the entry... so we just put up drywall and added a coat rack.
 We also switched the way the door opens so it no longer opens into the laundry room door, instead it swings open into nothing, just the coat rack behind it.
Thats it for the entry way!
In case you haven't noticed, there is a large platform above the front door... we still aren't sure what to do with the space! At Christmastime we put a small Christmas tree with a train set around it.. but I am open to ideas for what to decorate it with for the other 10 months of the year! 
Thanks in advance!!

UPDATE 1-16-16
 We got this awesome sign with our last name for Christmas, So I added it to the entryway I thought it would be perfect right when you walk in!
We also got the large clock we had put on our wedding registry forever ago, The location is great because you can see it from upstairs and downstairs.

You can see the Christmas tree up top of our awkward landing, it is literally the ONLY Christmas decoration still up! I want to leave it for a while because we still have not found anything to go there! still waiting for ideas! Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment