Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Fiesta Party!



Our friends that live in Texas are getting married and were coming home for a week to visit! So Matt decided he wanted to throw them an engagement party for all the friends and family in CT. We decided to do a Fiesta theme! 


Unfortunately, we were too busy to take a photo of the taco bar, but we made 6 pounds of beef and shredded chicken and put them in the crockpot to stay warm. We had both hard and soft shell tacos out and bowls of: tomatoes, onions, lettuce, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, and cheese for people to add to their tacos. It was a hit! 

For appetizers we did a variety of salsas and chips, and fruit salad. Simple.
 
Getting the salsa bar set up! I found the large margarita glasses at Christmas Tree Shops $1.99 each, perfect for a jar of salsa!
 After the salsa was put in each glass.


The bar had: iced tea, water, and margaritas. We also had buckets of water, soda, and juice. We got three small kegs (logs; each approximately 55 beers) of Landshark, Corona, and Sam Adams Summer Ale.
The bar setup! The pitchers are large mason jars from CTS.
 
A view of the bar and drink table
The bar my husband built out of old paneling

 
Margarita glasses, umbrellas, salt, etc. The margarita glasses were at Party City, 20 pack for $9.99! Perfect for a fiesta!

Ty wanted a fancy cup for his water! he also picked out that lei for himself!

For desserts, we decided to do a variety of cupcakes, all different colors for the fiesta theme. We made A TON and also gave them out as favors! (I hate giving favors that people will never use!)
I made all the cupcakes myself on a Friday.
Vanilla and margarita cupcakes done!
All of the finished cupcakes! 10 dozen!

The cupcakes themselves were easy, it was the frosting that was time consuming, I started around 7:30 on Saturday morning and didnt finish until around 11. It took longer because I did all different colors and had to make 3 different batches of different frostings.
The finished, frosted cupcakes!
 The first display is all chocolate cupcakes with vanilla and chocolate frosting (blue and purple), the second was funfetti with vanilla frosting (yellow and orange), and the third is vanilla with vanilla and chocolate frosting (red). For the fiesta theme I wanted a rainbow of colored frosting!

The vanilla display.

The funfetti display.

The chocolate display.

 The margarita cupcakes! They came out amazing!

 I found the mini margarita glasses in a 20 pack at party city. I didnt know what to use them for but bought them anyway. When I finished the cupcakes I knew it'd be perfect to fit in there! I added a lime wedge and a mini straw to complete the look!
The s'mores tower.

The finished dessert table! On top of all the goodies we made, guests also brought some desserts so we were full!

 This sign was displayed next to the cupcakes, I forgot to put it out until after I had already taken the photo, and a bunch of desserts were gone!

 
The favors for the party were cupcakes to go! I found the boxes for a reasonable price on etsy here, and also found the labels on etsy here too! They were printables, so I had them printed at staples very cheap, (less than $10 for 100.) and the color came out way better than when I tried to print on my home computer.

It was alot easier to throw a party where I didnt know most of the guests because I could focus on everything instead of chatting! It was totally fun and not stressful at all! The fiesta theme was perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment