Monday, May 2, 2016

Teacher Appreciation!


So for those of you who don't know, this week is teacher appreciation week! It is very important to recognize the teachers that work so hard to care for and educate your children everyday!

My son has a million teachers. He has his classroom teacher, 2 paraprofessionals, And 3 therapists that he sees each week. He also has 5 different "specials" Each day of the week with 5 more teachers. That's 11 total. For Christmas we did the Starbucks travel mugs and gift cards for everyone (which was not cheap with the gift cards) and since Teacher appreciation is so close to the end of the school year (1 month) I didn't want to spend too much at this time, because we will be giving them all end of the year gifts.

So, I found this idea on Pinterest and we decided to just to his 3 classroom teachers and his 3 therapists.
These gifts were about $3 each and took me about 10-15 minutes to put all together. The gift tags are found: Here.

I knew Christmas tree shops always has oven mitts for cheap (that's where I buy my own) so I headed there, luckily they had a ton of cute beachy and patriotic ones for the summer! And they were $1 each!

I searched around for some spatulas/spoons and found some that were $1.50 each, and got a variety of colors.


Next I headed to the food section to try and find cookie mix because it wasn't on sale at stop and shop this week and I don't see any reason to pay more than $1.50 for a bag of cookie mix, but they didn't have any at Christmas tree shops either! So I thought : "where can I stop on my way home from here?? Dollar tree!" So I went straight to the food aisle and boom there is Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix bags, for $1 each! Perfect!

I got home, stuck a bag of cookie mix and a spatula in each mitt, tied a ribbon and the gift tag on, and done!

I put them in a brown paper bag in Tyler's backpack, standing up, so the spoons wouldn't slide out, and put a little "thank you" note in the bag!

Quick, easy, and thoughtful. I mean, who doesn't like cookies??
Stay tuned for our end of the year gifts! (I don't have them planned yet, but I'm sure I'll come up with something!



No comments:

Post a Comment